Average Tricks in English
Hence, average =
For Example: To find the average of 3, 5 and 7.
Step 1: Find the sum of the numbers.
3 + 5 + 7 = 15
Step 2: Calculate the total number.
There are 3 numbers.
Step 3: Finding average 15/3 = 5
|Like Us On|
Quicker Method to Solve the Questions
Sum of elements = average × no. of elements
Example 1: The average of marks obtained by 4 students in a class is 65. Find the sum of marks obtained?
Solution. Here, the number of marks obtained = 4
Average = 65
∴ sum of marks obtained = 65 × 4 = 260
Number of elements =
Example 2: If the sum of elements and average are respectively 65 and 13, then find the number of elements.
Solution. Number of elements = =
Average of a group consisting of two different groups whose averages are known:
Let a group with average a contain m quantities and another group of n quantities whose average is b, then the average of group c containing at a + b quantities
Example 3: There are 30 students in a class. The average age of the first 10 students is 12.5 years. The average age of the next 20 students is 13.1 years. Find the average age of the whole class.
Solution.Total age of 10 students = 12.5 × 10 = 125 years
Total age of 20 students = 13.1 × 20 = 262 years
∴ Average age of 30 students = = = 12.9 years
If in a group one or more new quantities are added or excluded, then new quantity or sum.
= [change in no. of quantities × original average] ±
[change in average × final no. of quantities]Take + ve sign if quantities added and take –ve sign if quantities removed
Example 4: The average weight of 24 students in a class is 35 kg. if the weight of the teacher is included, the average weight rises by 400 gms. find the weight of the teacher.
Solution.Total weight of 24 students = (24 × 35) kg = 840 kg
Total weight of 24 students and the teacher = (25 × 35.4) kg = 885 kg
∴ Weight of teacher = (885 – 840) kg = 45 kg
You can also download the following Books:
- Number System Short Tricks, Formula and Explanation
- LCM and HCF: Formulas, Short Tricks, Examples & Explanation
- Average: Formulas, Short Tricks, Examples & Explanation
- Percentage: Formulas, Tricks, Examples & Explanation
- Simple Interest: Formulas, Tricks, Examples & Explanation
- Profit, Loss, and Discount: Formulas, Tricks, Examples & Explanation
- Ratio and Proportion: Formulas, Tricks, Examples & Explanation
- Partnership: Formulas, Tricks & Explanation
- Mixtures and Alligation: Formulas, Tricks, Examples & Tricks
- Time and Work Tricks, Examples, Formulas & Explanation
- Pipes and Cisterns Tricks, Formulas, Examples & Explanation
- Speed, Distance & Time Tricks, Formulas, Examples & Explanation
- Mensuration Tricks, Formulas & Examples
- Permutation and Combination Tricks, Formulas & Examples
Conclusion: Friends if you like this topic on Average Short Tricks in Hindi, then please leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also learn other various tricks on this topic to boost your preparation at your home.